G-SHOCK, which has been constantly pushing the limits of timekeeping toughness since 1983, is pleased to announce a new SHICHI-FUKU-JIN (Seven Deities of Good Fortune) Series of special model watches.
This BABY-G Benzaiten model was created to pay homage to the only female deity included among the Seven Deities of Good Fortune. The base model is the popular square design BGD-560, which is being reissued and dressed up in a pink hue that is just the thing for the active woman of today.
The band and case are imprinted with a specially commissioned original design that includes images of items that are part of the Benzaiten identity: biwa, jewels, and coral. The band ring also is decorated with the image of a jewel for an auspicious design.
Illuminating the display of this watch causes the hyphen (-) of the G-SHOCK name to float in the EL backlight glow. Each of the Seven Deities of Good Fortune models displays a diﬀerent character that together spell out the name G-SHOCK.
Seven Lucky Gods Origin
The Seven Lucky Gods represent a blend of indigenous Japanese religion and Buddhism into a uniquely Japanese belief. This divine group consists of the seven gods named Ebisu, Hotei, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Daikokuten, Jurojin, and Fukurokuju. These deities have their origins in ancient gods of fortune in Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto, and other sources. According to the Humane King Sutra (Humane King State-Protection Perfection of Wisdom Sutra), paying homage to these deities will serve to avoid seven misfortunes and be bless with seven fortunes. This belief began around the end of Japan’s Muromachi Period. It became popular among common people during the Edo Period, and has been handed down to modern times.
* Seven misfortunes: solar and lunar abnormalities, planetary abnormalities, wind damage, water damage, fire, drought, theft. Seven fortunes: long life, prosperity, popularity, integrity, influence, love and respect, abundance.
Benzaiten (Bensaiten) is the only a Female God in Seven Deities of Good Fortune. She was originally the Water God meaning of ‘’The Saint River’’ and has been believed as the God for music and art. After that, the Kisshoten’s personality had been included, and not only music or art, but also she is respected as the God who brings the fortune and the treasure.
- Case / bezel material: Resin Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow World time
- 29 time zones (48 cities), daylight saving on/oﬀ 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 59’59.99”
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm) Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099) 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/oﬀ
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, am/pm, date, day Accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR1616 Size of case : 44.7×40×12.5mm
- Total weight : 44g
There will be no additional charges. Price listed is already inclusive of shipping. Buyers will be liable to pay their respective country’s custom taxes if applicable. Our payment gateway is PayPal and it accepts major credit cards.
In view of the rising Fraudulent Credit Cards cases and also to better safeguard everyone’s best interests, we seek your kind understanding that we might take about 7 to 10 working days for us to verify the payment details with the respective banks before we ship out your item(s) upon confirmation of order.