G-SHOCK, which has been constantly pushing the limits of timekeeping toughness since 1983, is pleased to announce a new SHICHI-FUKU-JIN (Seven Lucky Gods) Series of special model watches.
The Ebisu Model of the seven models in this series is based on the high-performance G-7900, which is designed and engineered for use under severe environments. Basic red coloring is accented by black buttons and screws, and the band ring is imprinted with the gold colored image of a large sea bream. The use of gold and red creates a truly auspicious color combination.
Large buttons allow easy operation even while wearing thick gloves, while a large LCD enhances readability of display information. This model is also designed to operate in severe environments at cold temperatures up to –20°C. The back case has a cover that protects against impact, with slits that promote the passage of air for a comfortable fit.
Illuminating the display of this watch causes the letter G of the G-SHOCK name to float in the EL backlight glow. Each of the Seven Luck Gods models displays a diﬀerent character that together spell out the name G-SHOCK.
*Moon data (Moon age, Moon phase)
Seven Lucky Gods Origin
The Seven Lucky Gods represent a blend of indigenous Japanese religion and Buddhism into a uniquely Japanese belief. This divine group consists of the seven gods named Ebisu, Hotei, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Daikokuten, Jurojin, and Fukurokuju. These deities have their origins in ancient gods of fortune in Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto, and other sources. According to the Humane King Sutra (Humane King State-Protection Perfection of Wisdom Sutra), paying homage to these deities will serve to avoid seven misfortunes and be bless with seven fortunes. This belief began around the end of Japan’s Muromachi Period. It became popular among common people during the Edo Period, and has been handed down to modern times.
* Seven misfortunes: solar and lunar abnormalities, planetary abnormalities, wind damage, water damage, fire, drought, theft. Seven fortunes: long life, prosperity, popularity, integrity, influence, love and respect, abundance.
Ebisu is called the only Japanese God in the Seven Lucky Gods. There are two views that one is the history from he was ‘’Hiruko-no-mikoto’’ who is a child of Izanami and Izanagi, and the other is from ‘’Kotoshironushi-no-Kami’’. From his style with a sea bream in his left hand a fishing rod in his right hand, he is widely familiar as the God of a large catch and a good business.
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration (3 seconds or 5 seconds), afterglow
- Flash alert
- Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signal, countdown timer time up alarm, countdown timer progress beeper, and stopwatch auto start
- Low temperature resistant (-20°C)
- World time
- 29 time zones (48 cities), daylight saving on/oﬀ
- Moon data (moon age of the input data, moon phase graph)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- 1/100-second stopwatch (ST1)
- Measuring capacity: 999:59’59.99”
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times Other: 5-second countdown auto start
- 1/100-second stopwatch (ST2) Measuring capacity: 999:59’59.99”
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Others: Auto-repeat, progress beeper
- 5 multi-function alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099) 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/oﬀ
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2025 Size of case : 52.4×50×17.7mm
- Total weight : 68g
There will be no additional charges. Price listed is already inclusive of shipping. Buyers will be liable to pay their respective country’s custom taxes if applicable. Our payment gateway is PayPal and it accepts major credit cards.
In view of the rising Fraudulent Credit Cards cases and also to better safeguard everyone’s best interests, we seek your kind understanding that we might take about 7 to 10 working days for us to verify the payment details with the respective banks before we ship out your item(s) upon confirmation of order.