G-SHOCK, which has been constantly pushing the limits of timekeeping toughness since 1983, is pleased to announce a new SHICHI-FUKU-JIN (Seven Lucky Gods) Series of special model watches. This Hotei Model of the seven models in this series is based on the DW-5600, which inherits the form of the very first G-SHOCK. The basic gray color is decorated with images of the staﬀ and sack that Hotei is always carrying, as well as pine tree elements. The band ring is marked with a folding fan, creating a combination of auspicious colors.
Illuminating the display of this watch causes the letter S of the G-SHOCK name to float in the EL backlight glow. Each of the Seven Luck Gods models displays a diﬀerent character that together spell out the name G-SHOCK.
Seven Lucky Gods Origin
The Seven Lucky Gods represent a blend of indigenous Japanese religion and Buddhism into a uniquely Japanese belief. This divine group consists of the seven gods named Ebisu, Hotei, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Daikokuten, Jurojin, and Fukurokuju. These deities have their origins in ancient gods of fortune in Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto, and other sources. According to the Humane King Sutra (Humane King State-Protection Perfection of Wisdom Sutra), paying homage to these deities will serve to avoid seven misfortunes and be bless with seven fortunes. This belief began around the end of Japan’s Muromachi Period. It became popular among common people during the Edo Period, and has been handed down to modern times.
* Seven misfortunes: solar and lunar abnormalities, planetary abnormalities, wind damage, water damage, fire, drought, theft. Seven fortunes: long life, prosperity, popularity, integrity, influence, love and respect, abundance.
He had been named Hotei that came from having a big bag with foods etc. in it. He was the only existed person in the Seven Lucky Gods, and the Zen-monk Kaishi in Tang was his model. ‘’Fortune comes to a merry’’, ’’the Marital harmony’’ and ‘’Children’’ are given because he had always been living with a smile.
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band Shock
- Resistant Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
- Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 00’00″00~59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1 second (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Other: Auto-repeat Multi-function alarm Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2039) 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2016 Size of case : 48.9×42.8×13.4mm
- Total weight : 53g
There will be no additional charges. Price listed is already inclusive of shipping. Buyers will be liable to pay their respective country’s custom taxes if applicable. Our payment gateway is PayPal and it accepts major credit cards.
In view of the rising Fraudulent Credit Cards cases and also to better safeguard everyone’s best interests, we seek your kind understanding that we might take about 7 to 10 working days for us to verify the payment details with the respective banks before we ship out your item(s) upon confirmation of order.