2018 will mark the 35th year since G-SHOCK first started revolutionizing personal timekeeping back in April 1983, and this new a 35th Anniversary model is being released in collaboration with the PORTER brand from Yoshida Bag.*1
The base model is the GMW-B5000D, which resulted from a review of our hollow case structure and taking the G-SHOCK to an even higher level of shock resistance with full-metal construction. The bezel, band, and the stainless steel portion of the back are finished with an all-black diamond-like coating (DLC). The screw back gives a feeling of boldness and heft, and it comes impressed with a 35th Anniversary logo.
The text and main display layout of the face was painstakingly designed in a way to make virtually identical to the original DW-5000C. The external design and internal module advances inherited from the 5000 series come dressed up in bold G-SHOCK black. Also, this model comes in a special package from Yoshida Bag, which can also be used as a storage case for your watch collection.
Other features include Bluetooth® data communication and Multiband 6, which supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe. Time information also can be acquired from an internet time server using the G-SHOCK Connected*2 app running on a smartphone.
*1: Yoshida Bag
Yoshida Bag is the nickname of Japanese bag maker YOSHIDA & CO., LTD., whose brand names include PORTER and LUGGAGE LABEL. Bucking the trend of many manufacturers to abandon Japan and establish production facilities overseas, Yoshida Bag has been an advocate of maintaining domestic production. Its Japan-oriented products for business have gained it a high level of popularity.
*2: Connected Engine supports time correction using a time calibration signal and Bluetooth®, for display of the current time anywhere in the world based on the latest time zone and summer time information.
- Phone linking
- Auto time adjustment (four times a day)
- Simple time settings (World Time for approximately 300 cities, time swapping, alarms) Time and place log
- Reminders (up to five) Phone Finder
- Battery level indicator (7 levels)
- Multiband 6 (Supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe: Japan(2), China, United States, England, Germany.)
- Tough Solar
- Countdown timer (1-second countdown, up to 24 hours)
- High-brightness Full Auto LED backlight, with selectable duration (2 seconds, 4 seconds) Days of the week in six languages
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel Stainless Steel Band
- Solid Band
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp Mineral Glass
- Shock Resistant Diamond Like Coating Screw Lock Back
- 200-meter water resistance Solar powered
- LED backlight (Super illuminator)
- Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (2 seconds or 4 seconds), afterglow Time calibration signal reception
- Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
- *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals
- Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany) Frequency: 77.5 kHz
- Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England) Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States) Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan) Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga) Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China) Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®) World time
- 5 World time registerable
- 39 time zones (39 cities +coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/oﬀ, Home city/World time city swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 00’00”00~59’59”99 (for the first 60 minutes) 1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes) 1 second (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm) Low battery alert
- Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark) Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/oﬀ
- Date display (day / month display swapping)
- Day display (days of the week selectable in six languages) Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration) Approx. battery operating time:
- 10 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 22 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
There will be no additional charges. Price listed is already inclusive of shipping. Buyers will be liable to pay their respective country’s custom taxes if applicable. Our payment gateway is PayPal and it accepts major credit cards.
In view of the rising Fraudulent Credit Cards cases and also to better safeguard everyone’s best interests, we seek your kind understanding that we might take about 7 to 10 working days for us to verify the payment details with the respective banks before we ship out your item(s) upon confirmation of order.