It has been 35 years since the introduction of the DW-5000C onto the world watch market. Now for 2018 G-SHOCK introduces additions to the new exterior, new structure, and new module GMW-B5000 lineup, equipped with a Connected Engine.
The full-metal hard stainless steel cases and the bezels of these two models have ion-plated finishes in either black or gold. The cases and band also feature hairline finishes to maximize the elegance and presence of the metal. Light-on-dark LCDs further add to the overall chic look of these timepieces. The base model is the GMW-B5000, which is the model from which we reviewed our hollow case structure and developed an even higher level of shock resistance. Fine resin shock absorbers between the metal bezel and case created a shock resistant structure for a full-metal case. Innovative new band connections use highly shock resistant TROGAMID® to lessens the eﬀects of impact to the band pipes. The back covers of the thick screw back cases of these models come with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) finish that is highly wear resistant. A film solar cell that maintains display clarity and an STN-LCD are used to ensure easy reading of display information, even from an angle.
Use of the latest-version engine makes it possible to achieve high-density component mounting without aﬀecting the size of the finished timepiece. Advanced technology modules are packed into stunning
designs that are finished using some of the best that technology has to oﬀer.
Function-wise, these models are designed for outstanding timekeeping accuracy using Bluetooth® data communication and MULTIBAND 6, which supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe. Time information also can be acquired from an internet time server using the G-SHOCK Connected*1 app running on a smartphone. Other functions include Tough Solar in combination with CASIO original power saving technology that delivers a stable supply of power, high-brightness Full Auto LED illumination, World Time, and more. A selection of six languages for the day of the week indicator*2 provides localization at the press of a button. All of this means that accurate timekeeping is ensured no matter where in the world your travels take you.
- Phone linking
- Auto time adjustment (four times a day)
- Simple time settings (World Time for approximately 300 cities, time swapping, alarms)
- Time and place log
- Reminders (up to five)
- Phone Finder
- Battery level indicator (seven levels)
- Multiband 6 (Supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe: Japan(2), China, United States, England, Germany.) Tough Solar
- Countdown timer (1-second countdown, up to 24 hours)
- Super Illuminator with Full Auto light (2-seconds/4-seconds duration switching)
- Days of the week in six languages
*1: Smartphone app for use with G-SHOCK Smartphone Link models. It establishes a Bluetooth connection with the watch’s Connected Engine for automatic time correction, configuration of World Time and other settings, and more. It also makes it possible to keep updated with the latest time zone and summer time information. A Tough Solar power system generates enough energy to ensure uninterrupted operation of power-hungry functions.
- *2: Day of the week languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Solid Band
- Stainless Steel Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Back
- 200-meter water resistance
- Solar powered
- LED backlight (Super illuminator)
- Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (2 seconds or 4 seconds), afterglow Time calibration signal reception
- Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
- *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal
- Manual receive
- The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals
- Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany)
- Frequency: 77.5 kHz
- Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan)
- Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)
- Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China)
- Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- 5 World time
- 39 time zones (39 cities +coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/oﬀ, Home city/World time city swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 00’00”00~59’59”99 (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1 second (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Low battery alert
- Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/oﬀ
- Date/month display swapping
- Day display (days of the week selectable in six languages) Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration and mobile link function)
- Approx. battery operating time:
- 10 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 22 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
There will be no additional charges. Price listed is already inclusive of shipping.
Buyers will be liable to pay their respective country’s custom taxes if applicable.
Our payment gateway is PayPal and it accepts major credit cards.
In view of the rising Fraudulent Credit Cards cases and also to better safeguard everyone’s best interests, we seek your kind understanding that we might take about 7 to 10 working days for us to verify the payment details with the respective banks before we ship out your item(s) upon confirmation of order.